The Law Library now has a fresher, more user-friendly website. We love our new look, but the changes go well beyond cosmetics. The navigational structure of the new site is patterned after that of the UVA Libraries site that was launched this summer. Law researchers using University-wide library resources can now enjoy a similar experience on both sites.
New features you’ll now find at the top of every page on our site:
- A link to “My Account,” where you can check the status of your library account and interlibrary loan requests.
- A large, friendly VIRGO search box so that you’ll always have instant access to the catalog of resources that are available throughout UVA’s network of libraries.
- The “Also try” menu, which links you to locators for journals, databases, subject guides for research, a site search, and our new FAQ system for general library information. (If we don’t have your question in our system yet, submit it and our library staff will contact you with an answer.)
- Drop-down menus take you to our most frequently needed information. Through these menus, you can find research help and resources, navigate the stacks, use the Student Delivery Service (SDS), reserve group study rooms, and discover our study spaces, among other things. Most of these links are also listed on the library homepage, since different people access things in different ways.
It takes a village to redesign a website. The Website Redesign Team is grateful to many at the School of Law and at UVA Libraries. The home page owes its beautiful look to the talents of UVA Law School’s Creative Director Warren Craghead and the support of Communications Director Mary Wood. Law ITC’s George Payne gave us our new site search engine. Many on the Law Library staff contributed content, ideas, constructive criticism, and enthusiasm to the project. The UVA Libraries web design team built a great design for us to tap into; we’re especially grateful to Erin Mayhood and Joe Gilbert for generously sharing their insights.
We hope our community will enjoy using the new site even as more changes are in progress. We’re working to provide even easier access to databases and a better mobile experience. If you have suggestions for us, let us know!
- The Law Library Web Redesign Team